Wednesday, June 3, 2009

tied up funky braids

It is officially summer because we have to do swim hair! I love to go swimming and I like the kids to not have to brush the hair out of their faces when they come up out of the water! I also think that Baby Monkey may get strangled in her hair... OK that might be an exaggeration but oh well.
So today on The Little Princess we put her hair into Indian Braids (they are just pigtails set low on the middle back of the head, braided without an elastic next to the scalp)
Here is the first Indian pigtail. We ended it fairly early so she could have sticky out hair!
Now I just slip an elastic up next to the scalp, don't twist it, just slip it up there!

Then I take the braid from the other side and tuck it up through the elastic, now I twist it a couple of times to make sure it is tight!

Then I do the same thing on the other side! I used yellow elastics for the bottom and green for the connector elastics on the top just so you could see better, I probably would have done black or dark brown if I wasn't doing a tutorial.


here is the back view, I would have put BIG bows on at this point if we were going anywhere but the pool!

Here is the front view I would say she is ready for a day in the sun! I also have to admit I was worried about the loops in the pigs coming out but they held beautiful I was very impressed





1 comments:

Zajcha said...

wow luvin this site. I love your creative styles and I have no doubt people always stop you and ask how you do them. I've only just started reading your blog and I am sure going to add you to my side bar.
I'm Zajcha and I'm 12. I've just started my own hair blog called Herbie Hair by Zajcha.
I was wondering - could you please link me to your side bar. Thanks for afters
Its: http://herbiehair.blogspot.com/

Thanks again
Zajcha from Herbie Hair

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time!