Thursday, August 29, 2013

IS AUGUST OVER YET?

Our August has been CRAZY I am just ready to start september in our new home, in Peace (LOL) me have a laid back not busy life! well here is to wishing!
On August 2nd I got the results back on my latest Mammogram and our surgeon recommended a lumpectomy… I was assured that it was not cancer, but it may be cancer, about 40 times in our 3 minute visit with both the radiologist and Surgeon, but that I needed to get it out as quick as possible, The surgeon recommended the 5th, and I pushed it back to the 12th… I needed a few days to wrap my head around the whole thing.
Then on the way home from the Dr, the Transfer case on our car exploded, yes, if you are thinking about buying a dodge journey the transfer cases go out on them all the time we found out, don't worry its only a 1500 dollar part. and we are buying a house this month so we didn’t have any extra for that. good thing we bought Book worm a ghetto cruiser to get around in! Mom and Dad commandeered her car. and we were good for a little while, but I was worried about getting the kids to school when book worm left for college, But I had to breath and take one day at a time!
Mercedes car copy
Here is a picture of the infamous Cruiser! now the windows wont stay up! LOL
Now I drive down by my house and the Stucco is the WRONG color, I know me and my sad first world problems, but this is the outside of my house, its not something I can turnaround and paint in a couple of years… I will be looking at this color forever!
IMG_0795 (They did decide that this was not the color we chose and are fixing it for us)
Then I have my surgery! Yea me, another first! All goes well, except for some people the anesthesia makes you sick and I am one of those lucky people!
IMG_0856 IMG_0855
The best part of surgery is they put you in these neat paper gowns and then they hook them up to hot air, super cool it puffs up and your in a warm cocoon of air, I wanted to take it home and hook it up to my hairdryer!
As I was laying in bed recovering Brian (my DH) Fixed my car! He just took out the transfer case and the rear drive line, so our car is no longer All wheel drive BUT IT WORKS! how thankful I am for an amazing husband that can fix things for me!
Yeah! I’m Cancer Free!
I went back to the Dr on the 19th and was given a clean bill of health! no cancer here baby! I didn’t realize how nervous I was about that until they told me we were good to go! yes!
Then on the 21st
644002_10200412286060751_1926586039_n
Brian was chopping onions when his thumb got in the way, he cut the tip through the fingernail leaving a small piece uncut, (so he almost circumcised his thumb) then we went to the insta-care to get it sewn back together, when they gave him the litocane, he passed out and had some "seizure like activity" they thought he had an allergic reaction to the meds.. so he went to the ER via Ambulance got five stitches in the back of his finger and they glued the nail… but all in all it was a very amusing night. Its true that Laughter is the BEST medicine!
But things are looking up because the house is supposed to be done on Friday with the paper work and loan ready to be signed (which is a good thing because our lease is up on Saturday… and we will technically be homeless if the house isn't ready!)
So Wish us luck, say a prayer and cross your fingers that September is no where near as dramatic as August

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time!