Friday, February 7, 2014

Working on Monkey Mans Room

For Christmas I told the kids that we would paint there rooms for them however they wanted, I was thinking whatever color you want. My kids thought way bigger than that! Monkey Man wants to work for NASA when he grows up, He wants to be an astronomer, not an astronaut. He is planning on moving to Florida, and keeping his feet on the ground. So when he told me that he wanted his room to look like space, real space not cartoon space I was thrown for a loop… So I headed to my good friend pintrest and found this room and fell in love!

Connors space room

Now this was a space room that I can fall in love with! so I started to work on Ideas and colors. Monkey Mans room was white, with nasty weirdo stripes..

IS1r9gcjv1hrz11000000000

in the picture the stripes look pretty normal… but off of camera they had three together and then a fat one and a skinny one, just totally random. we just painted over the stripes and started to tape the stripes..

 Moms Iphone 382 Moms Iphone 381

Lots of tape, LOL, that is starting to be a theme at our house…

Then we pulled out the paint, we went with Behr Quiet Storm It was such a dark color that we ended up doing 3 coats.. (and an extra gallon of paint)

 Moms Iphone 383 Moms Iphone 384

Then the fun came, pulling off all the tape, Documented by Monkey Man..Moms Iphone 385Moms Iphone 386

Yep Loving it! but now came the stressful part of Painting Planets! My inspiration room they made vinyl printed planets, after calling several print shops I realized really quickly I could not afford to do that.. I am not an artist! and now I get to paint planets (not cartoon planets) but here goes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time!